top of page
* Christians are God's form of branding.
* We are His image-bearers.
* We are redeemed to reflect His excellence (Mk 7:37).
* We are called to be engaging / creative / fun / Jesus-loving / Spirit-filled / Gospel-
centered / authentic / zealous / inspiring / attractive / determined.
2UC (Urban Underground Churches) is pronounced "tuque" as in the iconic Canadian hat. We're headquartered in Vancouver, BC, so it's a nod to our wonderful city. "Red" in our web address is about Jesus and His world-changing sacrifice.
MASCOT: CALEB, OUR BELOVED COW
* Cows are a symbol of the Promise Land, the land of "milk" and honey.
* Cows are the sacrifice of choice in the OT.
* Church planting is a calling of tremendous sacrifice.
* Cows chew on the cud, picturing how we must be constantly nourished by the word
in the work of planting. (Ps. 1:2-3)
* Cows represent the three pillars of 2UC churches:
1. Spiritual formation - Church On Weekdays.
2. Outreach - Church On Weekends.
3. Serving the City - Church Out in the Wild.
* Our mascot is named Caleb after Joshua and Caleb
fame. Caleb was known for his strength and longevity in
helping God's people come into their inheritance. He had
"moojo" until he was 85. (Josh. 14:6-15)
bottom of page