STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in the Scriptures, the infallible Word of God containing 66 books, 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament as being fully inspired by God.
2. We accept it in its entirety as the Word of God in its original manuscripts, holy, inspired, infallible, and inerrant.
3. The Bible is the supreme and final authority on all matters of doctrine, life, godliness and governance of the church. (2 Tim. 3:16)
4. We believe in one eternal God who has revealed Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable yet indivisible and of one substance. (Matt. 28:19)
5. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, true God and true man united in one Person as the only way, the only mediator between God and man He suffered and died on the cross for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and was buried. He arose bodily from the dead and personally appeared to His disciples. Afterwards, He ascended into heaven, where He is now exalted above all else. (Lk. 1:26-35; Jn. 1:18; Is. 7:14; 1Cor. 15:1-4; Jn. 6:44; 14:2-3,6; I Tim. 2:5)
6. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who has come to glorify Christ, to convict people of sin and to draw us to the Savior, Jesus. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells God’s children, gives new life, empowers believers for service, imparts spiritual gifts (as recorded in the New Testament and manifested in the early church), enables believers to live a fruitful, holy and spirit-filled life, and guides God’s children into all truth. (Jn. 16:8,13,14; Jn. 3:6; Acts 1:8; Gal. 5:22-24; Eph. 5:18; Jn. 14:16,17,26)
7. We believe in the creation account as recorded in Genesis and in the test and fall of man. As a result of the fall, people remain spiritually depraved, separated from God, and unable to attain right standing with God, and apart from Jesus Christ. No man is without sin. (Rom. 3:23-24, 5:12,18)
8. We believe that the salvation of sinful people is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. Salvation is manifested through our repentance, plus faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross. Every person must be born-again. Through His work, not our own, we obtain the remissions of sins and become God’s children: heirs of eternal life. (Jn 3:3,5 Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1,9,11)
9. We believe that the salvation of sinful people is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. Salvation is manifested through our repentance, plus faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross. Every person must be born-again. Through His work, not our own, we obtain the remissions of sins and become God’s children: heirs of eternal life. (Jn 3:3,5 Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 5:1,9,11)
10. We believe in water baptism in order to fulfill the command of Christ. We also believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience at or subsequent to salvation and evidenced by various signs. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38-39, 4:31, 8:14-17, 10:44-46, 19:1-6)
11. We believe in one true universal Church consisting of genuine believers and in the visible expression of that church in local congregations. Local churches are under the Headship of Jesus and governed by pastors, elders, & five-fold ministers. These churches are commissioned by Jesus to propagate the gospel, administer the sacraments (baptism and communion), exercise scriptural discipline, and administer all its local works. (Matt. 16:18; Matt. 18:15-20; Acts 15:22, Eph. 4:11-12, I Tim. 3; Titus 1:5:9)
12. We believe in the second coming of Christ – physical and visible – to judge the living and the dead, receive his church, and to consummate human history in the plan of God. (1Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 22:12; Eph. 1:10)
13. We believe in eternal life for all true believers and eternal judgment for the lost, Satan, and all fallen angels. There is a hell where the unsaved will be forever. (Mt. 25:41; 2 Thes. 1:9; Jn. 3:16, 5:24; 2Thess. 1:8-9; Rev. 20:10-15)
14. We believe in a believers’ baptism and partaking of the Lord’s supper as given in communion. (Mt.28:19-20; Acts 2:37-38, 8:36; I Cor. 11:24-26)